Got my eye on you!


 When I lived on the streets for my own safety I usually slept with one eye opened.  I never really had a peaceful, restful sleep.  Between the rain, wind, snow, and humans chasing me away, I never could enjoy a truly peaceful sleep.


When I was caught by Cats Protection, I began sleeping a little better, yet still not totally a restful sleep.  I mean on one side, I had a younger lad who constantly walked on his shelves all night.  I'd start to go to sleep and he'd jump to a lower shelf and on and on it went.


I finally decided to fight fire with fire.  I'd wait till he finally settled down about 3:30 in the morning, so I started playing.  I threw all my toys around, even my litter box!  Every morning, my human caretakers would come in and wonder what I did all night.  They'd go about reorganizing my little shelter and by morning I'd have it torn up again.


I will say that it has gotten me into a good habit of waking up every morning at 3:30.  I don't like waking dad up at that time, besides I like having one on one time with mum, so I wake her up.  It used to be easy to wake her up.  I'd give a little yank on her hair and she'd wake up for me.  But over the years it has gotten a bit harder to get her to wake up, so I've had to become a bit more creative.  I've learned to give gentle loving bites on her elbow or leg or even her head.


She often tells me to quit doing it, but deep down I know she enjoys waking up and feeding me.  Besides, we have all day to sleep, but just a short time to eat!  So mommy, time to wake up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog